Make your own sheet mask
Sheet mask is the next big thing in the skin care industry and is literally taking the world by storm. And the hype is totally worth it! If you ever use one you will be surprised by the instant effect it has on your skin and the best part is it has no negative points for the use. Its always good vs best. And so its a win win for me when it comes to trying a sheet mask.
When it come to skin care for me, I believe less is more. I keep my products simple and I believe ‘expensive does not mean good’ and I stress on the ingredients more than the price. And I am always in for some home made DIYs for skin care. And experimenting with sheet mask is something I love doing. The best thing about sheet mask is that – it will effectively cut down your skin-care-splurging by half, is easier than concocting a traditional mask, especially if you are short on time!
However, there’s one drawback of a sheet mask. A sheet mask is just one time use. Because we pay as much as 100rs for a sheet mask, I tend to make the most of it. There are some sheet masks which a super thin and sadly they can only be used once, they tend to lose the shape after use. But the thick ones can definitely be used more than once.
Before I start with the DIY of reusing a sheet mask, let me tell you how you can make your own sheet mask( I mean the sheet). If you have never used a sheet mask and still want to get an experience of it, try using a wet tissue with the DIYs mentioned below.
Here are few of my favorite DIYs for make at home sheet masks –
- Make your cotton mask – Simply soak a cotton pad in your favorite facial serum, and stretch out the cotton. One pad won’t be enough for your entire face, so make sure to have a few cotton pads on hand. Its that simple.
- Rose water mask – Dip your used sheet mask or cotton in a mixture of ‘rose water and a few drops of neem oil’ and keep it in the refrigerator for 10 mins.Then evenly press it on your skin and let it sit for 20 mins. Do not wash your face after removing the mask and hello to glowing blemish free skin!
- Cucumber cools your skin – Take a small cucumber and a few mint leaves and a teaspoon of rose water – blend it in a mixer and strain the juice. Dip your used sheet mask or cotton mask in the liquid for 10 mins and keep it in refrigerator. To use, evenly press it on your skin and let it sit for 20 mins. Do not wash skin after use. If you have been out in the sun for the whole day, this mask will cool off your skin and help you get rid of heat rashes.
- Use lemon for hydrating and brightening your skin – In a bowl take 7 – 8 drops of lemon juice and 2-3 drops of glycerin and a tablespoon of rose water and dip your cotton mask or used sheet mask in it and let it stay for 5 minutes. Now evenly press on your face and let it stay for 20 mins and say hello, Glow!!
- Green tea to repair dry skin and brighten it up – In a bowl put half cup freshly brewed green tea and let it come to room temperature. Mix a tsp honey and add a few drops of lavender oil to it and dip your sheet mask into it and let it stay for 5 mins. For use put it evenly on your skin and let it stay for 20 minutes. After use wipe off with a wet cotton and do not wash face. Regular use of this mask reduces dark spots.
- Apple Cider Vinegar for oily skin – For this mask we can use green tea for better results. In a bowl take half cup freshly brewed green tea and let it come to room temperature. To it add 2 tsp apple cider vinegar and a few drops of lavender oil. Dip your sheet mask in it for 10 minutes and to use press evenly on your face and keep it on for 20 minutes. Do not wash your face after use.
- Use milk to remove dirt, shrink pores and revive dull skin – Mix equal amounts of milk + green tea + oats. Mix it well till it blends together. Now soak your mask in it and apply on your face and keep it on for 20 minutes. After application wipe your face with cotton dip in rose water.
Hope you find this blog helpful please do leave a comment, I would love to know your thoughts and also if you have anything new 🙂 and also don’t forget to hit the like button!
Okay guys… That’s all for the day. Do go through my other blogs on skin care and do have a look on my previous blog on making your sheet mask effective – Make your sheet mask more effective!
Keep Glowing! xx