The Tangled Wannabe Called – Hair (III)
I am on a visit to Nagaland! I have been sleeping with a blanket till yesterday when I realized… Summer is here!! And it’s already burning 🙁 So… Welcome Summers… Come and spoil our skin and hair ! :/
If you checked out my previous post… I left with discussing on hair problems and my idea of home-made solutions… I shall be continuing with that. But before I do… I shall give you the recipe of a smoothie( my recipe) , to beat the heat and keep your skin and hair hydrated. I call it the Green Goblin Smoothie. 😀
All you need is —
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 glasses water
Wash the spinach leaves very well. Boil 1 glass water and blanche the spinach for a minute and turn off the gas. Now let the whole thing come to room temperature and put the stuff in a mixer and churn. * Churning the leaves first will make sure that it has broken down properly to make a smooth mixture. Then add in the rest or the ingredients and the rest of the water and churn well to make your green goblin smoothie!! 😀 Refrigerate and keep sipping throughout the day.
This smoothie however is not very thick cause I don’t like my drinks being too thick. You can add in a banana and some mint leaves if you like. Hope you guys love this as much as I do!
Okay… So getting back to the continuation of my previous blog ( The Tangled Wannabe Called – Hair (II) )
The second problem I will be addressing is – hair breakage and split ends
Hair breakage can be a result of improper brushing , dryness , damage due to heat etc. And the best way to cure this is keeping your tresses well moisturizer. I have long curly hair and I face this problem a lot and I have understood only a proper rehydrating pack helps.
Split ends again is a result of dryness and excessive heating . And the cure can be same as that of breakage.
- If you are not prone to dandruff the hot oil treatment is one amazing cure that works 100% for these problems. Take a microwave safe bowl and heat 3 tbsp( according to your hair length) of extra virgin olive oil, add in 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 1 vitamin E capsule(squeeze in the extract from the capsule) and apply on your scalp and hair, massaging with gentle circular motion while the oil is still warm(not hot). Leave it on your hair for an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- For a person who has dandruff and is suffering from dryness oiling your scalp is a bad alternative. You can use the above pack to massage through your hair *completely avoiding your scalp or — Make a mixture of 3 tbsp curd + 1 tbsp honey + 1 egg + 2 tbsp aloe vera gel + 1 vitamin E capsule(squeeze in the extract) . Mix these very well and apply on your scalp and hair and let this pack stay for an hour and wash off with an anti dandruff shampoo and use conditioner.
- Do not brush wet hair and use a wide tooth comb to detangle when half dry.
The third issue is – premature greying of hair
As far as I know pre mature greying of hair can be a result of unhealthy lifestyle and liver problems. Though I havent faced this problem but I have seen a lot of people facing it. I personally don’t find it unattractive because I have seen a lot of young people carrying their greying hair look with style. But if you want to get rid of it naturally, that would involve improving your eating habits and in the process curing your liver for good.
- Avoid alcohol on a regular basis.
- Working out is a must. At least go for walks.
- A big NO to smoking.
- Add a lot of greens to your diet. Have salads with your meals.
- You can take supplements(consult a doctor) of vitamins and iron.
- Have proper sleep and diet. And have them on time.
There are also a few homemade packs you can try
- Take 2 – 3 Indian goose berries( cut into pieces) , 1tbsp fenugreek seed(methi) and 1/2 cup coconut oil – Turn the fenugreek seeds to a smooth powder and keep aside. Heat the oil and add the amla pieces to it, let it boil for 5 to 6 minutes, add the fenugreek powder to the oil, let it boil for another minute and remove from flame. Let it cool and strain the oil, apply on scalp and hair and let is stay for at least an hour. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Mix almond oil and lemon juice in a glass bowl and apply thoroughly on scalp and hair, Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Mix 3 tbsp onion juice and 2 tbsp lemon juice in a glass bowl and apply on scalp and hair evenly. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash off with a mild herbal shampoo. Repeat it 4 to 5 times a week for 2 weeks.
Thats all for the day! A lot more in the next blog… Stay tuned 🙂
Hope you guys find this helpful and if you do, would appreciate if you like , share and drop in a message. 🙂 Till then,
I am off for some shopping in Dimapur HongKong market 😀
Keep glowing <3